24 Hours of Le Mans (LMP1) - after 1 hour
Two Porsche 919 Hybrids lead in Le Mans
After the first hour of the 24-hour race in Le Mans Porsche is leading the race with two cars at the front. The three Porsche 919 Hybrids started first, second and third. Timo Bernhard (car number 17) overtook polesitter Neel Jani (car number 18) on the first lap to take the lead of the 55-car strong field. Nico Hülkenberg (car number 19) started third, but after two laps was passed by the three Audi prototypes.
After ten, 11 and 12 laps Hülkenberg, Jani and Bernhard came in for their respective first refuelling stops. The order at the front of the pack didn’t change: The two Porsche 919 Hybrids, with Bernhard and Jani driving, continued to lead while Hülkenberg remained sixth. Soon after the first hour was completed, the safety car came out and closed up even the small gaps between the front runners.
• Live communication from the box on Twitter @PorscheRaces.
• To receive press releases and photographic material automatically, to access the archives and to download video material, please register at: https://presse.porsche.de
• There, on the Porsche Press Database, you will also find the new Porsche Motorsport Media Guide.
• Videos can be found on the Porsche channels on Vimeo and YouTube.
• www.newsroom.porsche bundles the latest press releases and background information and is accessible without registration.
• Several live features such as on-board cameras, timing and GPS tracking are available at Porsche.com/LeMans and implemented in the new Porsche Motorsport App which is ready for download for Apple and Android devices in the respective App Stores free of charge.
• Further interesting information about Porsche Motorsport waits at https://Porsche.com/FutureSportscar
Communications, Sustainability and Politics
Phone: +49 (0) 711 / 911 24959